Friday, January 16, 2009

Trust

To put one's trust in God is only a longer way of saying that one will chance it

My biggest challenge right now is to trust in God wholeheartedly, mainly when things look really gloom. And by trust I mean not allowing worry to infiltrate my mind. I am so easily persuaded into a bad attitude when things don't go my way and I get irritated, so irritated. I try to reason it out, try to come up with anything to put my mind at peace but nothing works besides just worshipping God and reading His word, just to get my mind off of it.

He is so patient with me as He calmingly speaks to my heart. How I wish I could be perfect? I wish I could be more patient, more trusting, more loving towards others. I become so hard on myself even though I know God is slowly changing my heart to make it more like His. I feel it through out the depths of me, but I just wish He would change me like overnight. This is where trusting Him takes place, knowing He and I together are working to make my broken heart into something beautiful and my once unkind words, to words of life. Its just one of those things that takes your whole life.

So I sometimes doubt my own trust in Him, He never doubts my trust in Him for He is always looking at my heart and knows my intentions. To learn His mighty love and patience and be able to radiate His forgiveness and kindness, is what I live to do.

Psalm 118: 6-9 "The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look on triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes."

No comments:

Post a Comment