Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Psalm 27: 4-5

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock."

Last night after I did my nightly devotion and was snuggled into bed I began thinking about everything in my past I had done wrong. I am in this whole phase of just giving everything to God: all my worries, all my doubts, all my sins, all of my dreams, hopes, and wishes and thanking him for every good thing He has ever given to me. Last night was a hard night as I was feeling very homesick. My heart ached so much. One thing the Lord has blessed me with is a lot of faith though sometimes I don't realize it. I am not one to give up just cause things are hard, the Lord always calls me to move forward and to beat those obstacles.

As I was sitting there just strucken with pain and sorrow I called to Him and there He met me. He gave me this peaceful vision that relates with this verse. I was lying there on His chest listening to Him breath and laugh, He was smiling at me and I could hear His heart beat and His huge arms engulfed me protecting me from the pain I was facing, yes the pain is much deeper than I have implied but for many other reasons than what I listed above. I am dealing with some struggles, but it was there in His arms I found peace unlike any other.

I am so guilty of sometimes not saying uplifting things or indulging in talks that I shouldn't be apart of and definately not partake in. But it was in that moment as My Father was holding me I realized to Him I am just a small child. Most of the time I know the difference between right and wrong, but sometimes I don't. He is patient with me just as a loving parent would be with a small toddler. He corrects me softly when I make mistakes that I have not yet learned, but sometimes His words are a bit more harsh when I purposely disobey, but even than its in a loving way.

Every night He wants us to lay up on His chest and to tell him about our day. He wants us to wrap our arms around Him and tell Him how much we love him. He likes to listen to us and to tell Him stories, He is enchanted by us. His love is enduring and will never fail. There is such a peace and contentment within His arms that I can't explain. As I wait patiently for the one I love, I take comfort in loving and knowing God more and more each day.

I am learning that God doesn't want you to fear him, but to draw near to Him. He isn't this big man up in heaven who is there to condemn you for your wrongs, He is your father who wants to take pleasures in your everyday life if you let him in. He wants to rejoice with you in whatever delights you and save you from when the storms come. As long as you stay in His arms you will forever be safe no matter what comes your way. Perfect, true love is within arms reach. I find nothing more comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment