Saturday, January 17, 2009

His Beauty

Psalm 96: 1-4 "Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marevelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods."

Looking out my window today, I see the sun brightly shining radiating off of the white snow that covers the earth. The trees each stand so mighty and majestic, as they reach for the sky created even to praise His name. How much greater is my song, is my voice to praise the one who made every beautiful thing so we each may enjoy His beauties.

Everytime I see that beautiful sunset signifying another day spent away, everything within me smiles at such creativity. No picture can truly capture everything the original artist created. There really are no words to describe its splendor.

His beauty is in comparable. When my heart becomes unthankful or worrying about things I can't control, I look to the skies. If I just take a step outside, I realize how small I am when I become lost in that huge sky containing billions of galaxies. Its at that moment when I become humbled by His love for me. From where He sits, the earth is not even a speck of dust. And yet He loves me. Oh how great is His love for me! I sometimes can't contain it.

To live my life so others may see His beauty is what I am designed to do. His greatest beauty is His heart of love full of compassion, empathy, and forgiveness. To show everyone around me His marvelous heart is the greatest accomplishment. I can't even grasp though the greatness of His love or beauty. There is no way for my human mind to comprehend it. But He made me to love Him and others, so I know my love is enough to show people the face of my Lord!

1 comment: